In this article, you’ll learn how to use the Add Tag action in Growmatik. Using this action, you can add a tag based on specific conditions. You’ll learn how to:
Define a new tag in the People page
Before creating automations to add a tag, you should first define the tag you want from the People page.
- From the left sidebar in Growmatik, click on the People icon and then click on Tags; you’ll see the list of the previously created tags.
- On the right side of the page, click on the + New Tag button, give it a name and then press the Add button. For example, we want to create a tag for our users’ time on site, so we’ll name the tag Engaging Users. If a user spends more than 5 minutes on the site, this tag will be added to their contact.
If you want to remove a tag, click on the remove icon on the right side of the page.
Add Tag in Automations
- Go to the Growmatik Automations page; here you’ll find a list of rules available in your account. On the page’s right side, click on the + New Rule button.
- You can select a starting point: Start From Scratch or Start From a Template. Choose Start From Scratch.
- On the left column, select in which events and for what audiences you want to trigger the Add Tag action. As shown above in the example for our Engaging Users tag, here we add Time spent on site as a trigger.
- In the right column, under “What actions should take place?”, select Add Tag on the Action dropdown.
- From the Tag Name dropdown, select the tag you want to be added in the selected condition. Add the Engaging Users tag here to be applied for engaging customers.
- If you want this rule to be activated immediately, switch the toggle button from Paused to Active, then Save Rule.