In this article, you’ll learn how to use the Automations page in Growmatik to create rules to automate marketing on your site. Here you’ll learn about:
- What is the Automations page?
- Adding a new automation rule from scratch
- Adding rules using a pre-made template
- Editing an automation rule
- Rule analytics
- Pausing/Activating an automation rule
- Removing an automation rule
- Duplicating an automation rule
- Filtering and sorting automation rules
What is the Automations page?
Marketing normally requires a lot of legwork. The Growmatik Automations page is a simple yet powerful automation mechanism that automates marketing actions such as sending emails, personalizing content, showing popups and more for your visitors based on the stage they are at in their journey on your website. You can create and manage your automation rules via the Automations page of the Growmatik app.
On the Automations page you will see a list of rules that are created for your site.
Each rule has a name. You will also see the number of users for which the automation is executed.
Adding a new automation rule from scratch
In Growmatik, you can create an automation from scratch or use one of the pre-made automation templates.
To add a new rule from scratch:
1. Go to the Growmatik Automations page, click + New Rule, then click Start From Scratch.
2. On the left side of the page iswhat should trigger this automation, while on the right side is what actions should take place once the automation is triggered.
In the left column you’ll see the Event and Audience sections. Click on the Choose a trigger dropdown and choose the event you want to trigger this automation.
Note: You can select “None – Run automation without any trigger” if you want the action to be executed without any triggers.
Here is the list of triggers available via the Growmatik Automations page:
- None – Run automation without any trigger
- Website Activity (on-site)
- Email Activity
- Opened an email
- Clicked an email
- Unsubscribed from marketing email
- Store Signup
- A tag is applied
- A tag is removed
- WooCommerce Events
- Order Placed
- Order Completed
- Order Processing
- Order On Hold
- Order Refunded
- Order Failed
- Order Pending Payment
- Abandoned Cart
Note: You can add more than one trigger in the Event section by clicking on + Add another trigger.
Note: Multiple events will have OR logic between them.
3. To choose which audience this automation should run for, click on Edit Audience. Here you’ll see Custom Filter and Saved Segment.
4. In Custom Filter click on Choose a filter, select any filter from the list based on your target audiences, click on + Add Filter and edit it. It will then be added to your filters.
Note: In the People article you can see the list of custom filters available via the Growmatik Automations page.
Note: If you want to create a new segment of customers, learn how in this article about the People page.
5. If you want to customize the target audience further, click on the + Add Filter Group. You can add as many custom filters as you need to your automations. Click Save Audience.
Note: You can choose to apply And/Or logic between these filter groups.
6. Alternatively, in the Saved Segment, you can choose from the segments you have previously saved in the People page. Click on Choose a segment and select the segment you want, then click Save Audience.
7. The right column will display Actions.
You can Choose an action. The options are:
- Show Popup
- Redirect page
- Personalize page
- Send Email
- Add Tag
- Archive user
- Unsubscribed user
- Remove Tag
- Archive user
- Unsubscribe user
- Remove from rule
- Activate user
- Deactivate user
Note: You can add another action by clicking + Add another action. Here you can add as many actions as needed.
8. If you want this rule to be activated immediately, switch the toggle button from Paused to Active, then click Save Rule.
Adding rules using a pre-made template
In the Growmatik Automations page, you’ll find a list of pre-made automation templates that can be imported and customized based on your needs.
1. Navigate to the Growmatik Automations page, click on + New Rule. Click on Start From a Template.
2. Once in the Choose a Starting Template page, on the left sidebar you will see the list of the pre-made templates available in Growmatik and can filter them based on the following categories:
- Build List
- Follow Up
- Subscriber Activity
- Upsell & Cross-sell
3. When you select a template, you can see a preview of the rule with the pre-filled Event, Audience and Action configurations.
4. Click on Use this Template.
5. Here you can edit the Event, Audiences and Action for the selected template.
6. Click on Save Rule.
Editing an automation rule
If you want to edit any of your automation rules, you can click on the icon next to the rule and click Edit. You can also edit any rule by clicking on its name.
For each rule, you can see various performance metrics depending on the selected parameters and configuration. Note that the analytics section can take up to a few hours to display the latest results.
1. Select a rule from the Rules page, then click on the analytics link.
2. From there you can view the automation rule’s statistics.
In Engagement, the Affected people, Sign-ups and Revenue generated tabs will be displayed. Here you can view engagement data for this rule via numbers and charts.
Note: In the upper right corner of the page, you can select a Date range to filter the analytics using different timestamps.
Below the Engagement section in analytics, you can see the performance report for each action you have chosen in your automation rule. Here is the list of the parameters you can track based on the actions you chose:
Personalize: Data about this rule’s impressions in numbers and charts.
Email: Data about Email Sends, Email Opens, Email Clicks and Unsubscriptions by the numbers.
Add Tag: The number of people that this tag is applied to.
Archived Users: The number of Archived Users.
Deactivate Users: The number of deactivated users.
Remove Tag: The number of untagged people.
Activate Users: The number of Activated Users
Remove From Rule: The number of users removed from a certain rule.
Show Pop-up: The number of Impressions and Sign-ups.
Redirect Page: The number of page redirects here.
Note: Beside each metric you will find a tooltip that explains the metric in detail.
Pausing/Activating an automation rule
First method: If you want to pause an automation rule, when the rule is active click , then select Pause to pause the rule.
If you want to activate an automation rule, when the rule is paused click to activate the rule from here.
1. Click on the rule to open it.
2. You will see the pause/active toggle. Click on it and your rule can be paused or activated upon saving.
Removing an automation rule
1. After saving the rule, the Options button in the top bar will be activated.
2. Click on Options and select Remove to delete the rule.
Second method: In the Rule page, click on and you can remove your rule from there.
Duplicating an automation rule
1. After saving the rule, the Options button in the topbar will be activated.
2. Click on Options to Duplicate the rule.
Second method: In the Rule page, click on and you can duplicate the rule from there.
Filtering and sorting automation rules
You can sort or filter the automation rules based on the options below:
- All rules
- Active rules
- Paused rules
- Creation date
- Modified date