If too many emails are sent to invalid addresses, email service providers may restrict delivery and redirect them to spam folders. Growmatik has a built-in email address validator that automatically eliminates invalid addresses from mailing lists before sending emails.
Conversely, you can remove contacts whose emails have been marked as invalid. The steps are as follows:
1. From your Growmatik dashboard, navigate to the People section.
2. Click on All Contacts on the left sidebar.
3. Via the Choose a filter input box search for “email validation status” and click on it.
4. Choose the parameter invalid for the status.
5. Mark all invalid email addresses and archive them.
In this article, you will learn how to send different types of email campaigns using the Growmatik Email Campaigns page.
- Creating a new email campaign
- Stop sending an email campaign
- Preview, duplicate, or remove a campaign
Creating a new email campaign
To create a new email campaign, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Email Campaigns page from the left sidebar of your Growmatik dashboard.
2. On this page, you’ll find a list of pre-designed email templates to choose from that best fit your campaign. Alternatively, click on the + New Campaign button located at the top right of the page to create your campaign through guided steps.
3. Choose your desired template and click on the Use This Template button. You’ll be redirected to the email builder page. You can also opt to create your own template by clicking on the Start From Scratch button. If you choose Start From Scratch, you will have the option to create email using HTML editor as well as drag and drop editor.
There’s a filter column available on the left side of the page where all templates are shown. You can filter templates based on their occasion or topic.
4. Customize the template to your needs and click on the Save And Continue button.
Read this article to learn more about creating email content with drag and drop editor.
5. Choose your recipients using one of the available options and click Continue.
6. Set your campaign settings by adding a proper subject line, sender email and reply-to email addresses. Click on the Continue button.
Using personalize button you can add dynamic keywords to make your subject lines more personalized.
You can also get writing assistance from Growmatik AI by clicking on the Write with AI button. AI writing assistance can help you with grammar and spell-checking, improve writing and more.
7. Now your email is almost ready to be sent. Review your email settings at this step and confirm it. You can also send a test email by clicking on Send Test Email.
8. Select Send and Schedule, then choose to send your email campaign immediately or schedule it for later.
10. After scheduling your campaign, you can click on the View Campaign button to see the list of created campaigns on the Email Campaigns page.
Stop sending an email campaign
If you need to stop sending a scheduled email campaign, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Email Campaign page.
2. Find the campaign you want to stop and click on the three-dotted icon next to it.
3. Choose Stop Sending option from the list.
4. Your email campaign will turn into a draft and you can reschedule it later.
Preview, duplicate, or remove a campaign
On the Email Campaigns page, you have the options to preview, duplicate, or remove your existing email campaigns. To perform any of these actions, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Email Campaigns page.
2. Choose the email campaign you want to modify.
3. Click on the three-dotted icon next to the email campaign to open the list of functions.
4. Click on each function you want to apply and confirm it.
To view the analytics and performance data associated with an email campaign, click on the report button next to the options menu.
On the reports page, you can find the following useful information associated with an email campaign:
Sent: This metric represents the total number of emails successfully delivered to the recipients’ inboxes, indicating the reach and distribution of the campaign.
Click rate: The click rate measures the percentage of recipients who clicked on links or call-to-action buttons within the email, showcasing the level of engagement and effectiveness of the campaign in driving desired actions.
Open rate: The open rate reflects the percentage of recipients who opened the email, providing an indication of the campaign’s ability to capture attention and generate initial interest.
Revenue: The revenue metric quantifies the amount of income generated as a direct result of the email campaign, indicating the impact of the campaign on sales or conversions.
Unsubscribe rate: The unsubscribe rate measures the percentage of recipients who chose to unsubscribe from future email communications after receiving the campaign. It helps evaluate the relevance and quality of the content and allows for potential improvements in future campaigns.
Spam rate: The spam rate indicates the percentage of emails that were flagged as spam by the recipients’ email service providers. Monitoring and minimizing the spam rate is crucial to maintain a positive sender reputation and ensure deliverability to the recipients’ primary inbox.
Drag and drop email builder
In this article, you’ll learn how to use the Growmatik drag and drop email editor to create and edit content of your emails.
We’ll cover the following topics:
- Working with elements
- Order info
- General settings
- Email preview
- Send test email
Working with elements
You can use any of these elements to create content of your emails:
- Social links
- Product list
- Blog list
- Order info
Adding a new element
1. Click on the plus icon located in the content area.
2. From the menu that opens, choose an element and click on it to add to the page.
Select the element you want to edit to reveal its options on the left panel. Use these options to change the appearance of the selected element or modify some of its functions.
Removing an element
Select the element you want to remove and click on the trash icon that appears to the right of the selected element.
Duplicating an element
To make a copy of an element, select it first. Then from the box that appears to the right of the element, click on duplicate icon.
You can change the order of elements by selecting an element. While the element is selected press and hold down the mouse button and drag the element up or down. Release the mouse button when you are happy.
Use an image element to insert an image into your email. You can either upload an image to your media library or select a free stock image provided by Unsplash website.
Use the text element to add text to your email. Once you inserted the text element, you can change its formatting and typography from the left side panel. You can also make your text more personalized using dynamic keywords feature. To access this feature, select a text in your email and click on Dynamic keywords button. From the menu that opens, choose among variety of keywords to insert as part of text. Note that the dynamic keyword you have selected will be inserted into where your text cursor or caret is located.
Use social element to insert social icons to your email. You can choose how the icons are aligned in your email along with options to customize their appearance including an option to use your own custom color for icons.
Use button element to add call-to-action buttons to your email. There is an extensive set of options to customize the appearance of buttons.
Use products element to add a list of products to your email. You can use filter drop-down menu to selectively display products based on variety of conditions including user behavior and shopping history. This way you can make sure that recipient will see a more personalized and relevant list of products. It’s recommended to incorporate Fallback filter just in case there is no personalized list of products. For example, if you choose Repeat orders from the filter menu and the recipient doesn’t have any repeat orders with your store, they would see an empty list of products unless you set a Fallback filter. Make sure to choose a more universal filter as fallback such as All products or category.
Moreover, there are options to customize the number of columns and appearance of product items.
Similar to products element, you can use blogs element to display a list of blog posts. The content menu also helps curate a more personalized list of blogs with options such as recent, related, popular, etc.
Use video element to include video items in your email. Currently, only YouTube videos are supported.
Use coupon element to generate and add a discount coupon to your email. Growmatik allows you to create unique coupons that are generated for each recipient as well as universal coupons which are same for everyone. This powerful element is capable of generating highly targeted and advanced coupons suitable for different scenarios and marketing campaigns.
Use spacer element to add a blank vertical space between elements. By enabling the divider option, you can add a visible divider line instead of blank space.
Use order info element to add useful information about customer’s latest orders to your email. This allows you to send regular order updates to your customers. You can include Shipping and Delivery Details, Order Details and Order Summary. In addition, you have the options to customize the appearance of header and description.
Use logo element to add your brand logo to your emails. You can set your brand logo in Workshop > Brand Styles and use it across email and popup campaigns. Alternatively, you can set a different logo to individual email by clicking on Replace button. However, this only applies to the existing email. To replace the logo universally, go to Workshop > Brand Styles.
In addition to individual elements, you can change the general appearance of emails as well. To change the general settings, click on an empty area in the page. The panel containing general settings will appear on the left side of the screen. Here are the options available in general settings:
Change the width of content area.
Change the background color of content area.
Change the background color of email body.
Change the color of any hyperlinked texts included in email content.
Enable or disable the underline formatting of any hyperlinked texts included in email content.
You can check to see if your email looks good on desktop and mobile devices. Please note that this preview is not accurate and the final outcome might be different on some email clients.
To enable the email preview, click on options button at the top. From the menu that opens, choose Preview.
To make sure your email looks good on small screens you can use the mobile preview option. To switch to the mobile preview, click on the mobile icon on the top bar.
Note: You can not edit the content while the mobile preview is enabled. To continue editing, click on the Return to editing mode button.
Send test email
You can also send a test email and check it on your own email client for more accurate results. To send a test email while in preview mode:
1. Click on the Send Test Email button at the top.
2. From the window that opens, add any other email addresses you want to send the test email to. Make sure to use comma to separate email addresses in case there are multiple email addresses.
3. Click on Send button. You can exit the preview mode using the Done button on the top.
Note: You can also send test emails without leaving the edit mode using the options drop-down menu on the top.